Is Valentine’s Day cheesy? Yes… So why not just embrace it? Let it be the one day of the year to go all out and be super romantic with your date (or even your bff)! Keep reading if you are in a rut and not sure what to do on February 14th.
1. Host a Valentine’s themed karaoke night at your place. Sing along with all the cheesy songs from the early 2000s…
2. Get crafty and make each other a card or gift. This is a much better option than going out to buy them!
3. Take a dancing class. There are plenty of dance classes out there. Try out swing dancing or salsa with your significant other.
4. Adopt a pet! There is no better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day than welcoming a new member into the family. Sometimes local animal shelters will have special deals for V-day!
5. Book a Spa Day. Check Groupon for the latest deals and you’ll be surprised at what you can find.
6. Go to a basketball game! Relationships are about giving. You may not enjoy going to games but having your significant other excited about the date will make it fun!
7. Recreate your first date. Bonus points for remembering what you wore.
8. Eat breakfast in bed! Your significant other will thank you. This is a great option for those that are not free in the evenings for a night out.
9. Go to a nearby drive in. Followed with popcorn, some sort of chocolate, and cuddling up during the movie.
10. Find out each other’s personalities. For the psychologists out there, you’ll love this one. Learn about one another’s personality by taking actual tests online. You can also take the 5 Love Languages Test to see how you show and receive love. Take it here.
11. Go to three separate restaurants; for the appetizer, the main course, and dessert! This way you can get three different experiences.
12. For those on a budget, try a new recipe at home for dinner, then go to a place you can’t afford and eat dessert!
13. Make chocolate covered strawberries. Learn how to make the perfect ones here. If you would rather not wait for the chocolate to cool, go ahead and just make chocolate fondue!
14. Go ice skating or roller skating! This one is great because it won’t be crowded like the restaurants.
15. Host a Galentine’s Day. No man? No problem! Take a cue from Leslie Knope from Parks and Rec and forget Valentine’s Day! Instead, celebrate Galentine’s day with all the lovely ladies in your life! Host a party at your place or have brunch at a cute nearby cafe! If you’d like, you can all exchange gifts and pick your Valentine for the year.
Not sure what to wear for these occasions? No problem, I’ve got you covered below:
24 year old.
Mother of an adorable puppy.
Wifed up to the coolest husband.